Effective use of social media as a marketing tool is often essential for nonprofits to get attention in this digital world. This course introduces learners to the use of social media in communicating, marketing, public relations, and fundraising for nonprofits. It explores the major social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest) as vehicles for nonprofits to reach their members, volunteers, and donors.
- Discuss the importance of social media to nonprofits for communicating, marketing, public relations, and fundraising
- Explain how social media can be used to better engage a nonprofit's audience
- Outline the key questions nonprofits should consider as they become involved in social media
- Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and other social media platforms
- Discuss the costs involved in social media
- Explain the importance of establishing social media policies for your nonprofit
- Discuss the measurement of social media effectiveness in communicating messages and in fundraising
- Outline tools and techniques for successful social media use by a nonprofit
- Apply your understanding of the social media environment to case studies
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Real-world case studies
- Audio-enabled in app
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.