A Manager's Guide to Information Technology course is designed to help managers develop a solid understanding of the basic concepts and technologies that they will encounter in the information technology field. Learners in this course will expand their knowledge of IT through games, videos, interactive exercises, quizzes, and other engaging content.
Topics of major concern to managers are discussed throughout the course and include big data, cloud implementations, and mobile computing. Learners will combine these with business concepts in order to better inform business decisions.
Examples of real-world cases involving IT security and other relevant topics are also incorporated to further expand a learner's knowledge of IT. In addition, certifications and careers in IT are introduced with explanations of each in this crucially important field.
- Trace the evolution of information technology
- Explain the basics of computing
- Describe operating systems and how process and memory management, the kernel, and other OS concepts work together.
- Discuss a variety of programming concepts
- Explore different types of software
- Discuss software management, application security, and the role of server software
- Describe different network infrastructures, configurations, and physical components
- Explain the use of databases and Big Data
- Outline the fundamentals of information security
- Describe cloud computing, service categories, and deployment models
- Discuss mobile technologies, e-commerce concepts, and platforms
- Explore the major social media websites, Web 2.0, and virtual communities
- Explain the basics of information governance and information security governance
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Real-world case studies
- Audio-enabled in app
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.