Achieving Professional Certification Identifies You As A Leader
C-Suite Insights TV Episode
Sales and marketing professionals are always looking for innovative ways to stay ahead of the competition. Host Gregg Greenberg sat down with Willis Turner, President and CEO of SMEI, to discuss what SMEI is, how they are achieving their mission, what differentiates them, and how they are supporting the sales and marketing professionals.
SMEI recognizes professionals who have met and surpassed high standards of education, experience, knowledge, and ethical conduct. SMEI has established sales certification and marketing certification programs for professionals to complete in order to be able to use its professional designations. These certification programs involve meeting prerequisites and an examination process.
Your SMEI Certified Marketing Executive® designation shows to the world that you are a sales and marketing professional. Sales certification and marketing certification announce your professional competence to your clients, employer, peers, and customers. Your CME® designation certifies that you abide by the highest ethics and principles and have demonstrated knowledge and experience in sales and marketing.
"Leadership & learning are indispensable to each other." -John F. Kennedy.
The SMEI Certified Marketing Executive® application is open to individuals with a minimum 3 years of marketing management experience. An application fee is required. The application may remain in process for 365 days from the application date. Here is the process for becoming certified:
- Apply for certification and pay the application fee. The application fee is a one-time payment.
- Take an exam preparatory course (optional)
- Register for the exam and pay the exam fee. The exam fee is $125 for members and $150 for non-members.
- Take the exam within 365 days of your application date. The exam is available online and can be taken anywhere that you have a private space with an Internet connection and computer or tablet with a webcam. An additional fee may be required by the exam proctor service.
- Achieve a 75% passing grade on the exam. A remedial exam is available if you do not pass the exam the first time.
- A 6-month extension is available if you do not take the exam, or pass the exam within 365 days of your application date. The extension fee is $250