SMM Chapter 2: Connected Customers and Social Interactions
After reading this chapter, students should be able to
- Understand what a social network is at its most basic level (nodes and ties).
- Define and give examples of social networks, nodes, and ties.
- Define and draw examples of ego networks.
- Discuss implications of connectivity and activity for flows of information.
- Understand relative values of hubs and pumps for information dissemination.
- Classify social connections by impact and barriers to activate.